Trek Through Death Valley is an AMA Sanctioned DUAL SPORT ride held in remote & majestic Death Valley, California. This event is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle.
This is a point-to-point, two day, GPS based, self-guided DUAL SPORT ride includes scenic & historic destinations in Death Valley National Park. Starting and ending in Trona, CA with an overnight stop in Beatty, NV. Using paved and unpaved roads you’ll have approximately 265 miles of fun! We do our best to include as many miles of unpaved roads as possible.
You'll visit places like the Famous Barker Ranch where Charles Manson was found, Stripped Butte, Furnace Creek, Titus Canyon, Stove Pipe Wells and Ballarat the Ghost Town. This is a point-to-point event and transportation of your overnight bag is included. Please limit yourself to ONE backpack style bag no more than 35 lbs.
This event is operated under permit from Death Valley National Park and Carson Ridgecrest BLM Field Office. Event is limited to 50 riders so register early! This event is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle.
- 50 rider limit so register early!
- AMA requires all riders to be AMA members.
- Get your AMA membership here FIRST: www.amajoin.com/faorad.
- This route is rated as advanced for Adventure Bikes and intermediate for Dual Sport bikes.
- Passengers not recommended
Amenities: Lodging is not provided. Lodging is available in Ridgecrest (near the start and end point), Beatty, NV. (overnight). Campgrounds may also be available in the area. Picnic style lunch will be provided each day per rider. If you have any food restrictions please reach out to us so we can accommodate them to the best to our abilities.
Registration & Staging Location: Meet us at the registration booth to pick up your rider number, network, drop off your overnight bag and get any last minute GPS help. Registration is open starting at 7:30am Saturday morning. All packets will be virtual. Maps, contact info, and route description will be emailed to you for your convenience.
GPS Routing: THIS IS A GPS BASED EVENT - NO ROLL CHART IS PROVIDED. A download of suggested routes and destination is emailed to you a few days before you arrive. You also get a reference map showing recommended routes, destinations and bailouts. If you're buying a GPS then READ THIS:
Scenic Rides: THIS IS NOT A RACE!!! This is an fun, Intermediate, DUAL SPORT ride on paved & unpaved roads in historic and scenic Eastern California and parts of Nevada. In most cases routes are passable in a high clearance vehicle. In case routes or destinations are closed alternate destinations and routes will be selected.
Motorcycle Requirements: All motorcycles must meet the following requirements. Failure to meet ALL requirements will result in your money being refunded and you being asked to leave the event.
- Quiet muffler with a spark arrester is mandatory and only helps our sport. Nothing above 94db!
- Must be street legal with all required lighting, licensing, registration and insurance.
- You will need to be able to go at least 90 miles on a tank of gas.
- Destination and routes are only our recommendations. This area has SO MUCH to offer that we hesitate to limit your experience. GPS downloads are an accurate representation of designated routes and include way points at various places of historical significance and scenic beauty. A reference map showing suggested destinations, routes and bailouts is also provided.
- Bag transportation is included in your registration. Limit of ONE backpack style bag 35lbs or less.
- Gas & Lodging is NOT provided. Your route description and GPS file will include suggested stops for these services.
- This is a rain or shine event so dress accordingly.
- Bring a camera! This place is beautiful!
07:30 - Sign-up booth open / Bag drop off
08:00 - Riders meeting
08:15 - Bikes out
07:30 - Bag drop off open
08:00 - Riders meeting
08:15 - Bikes Out